Guaranteed Safe Garage Door Service for Bakersfield & Visalia Homeowners
The garage door is the only moving wall in your house. Chances are, it is the primary entrance and exit you and your family use when you leave or come home – often twice a day or more. Isn’t it time you made sure your family and friends are safe from danger?
Precision Overhead Garage Door Service of Bakersfield & Visalia makes every effort to ensure you know the facts about garage door safety, because this information could save your life and the lives of your loved ones.
Safeguard your family and friends from possible harm and read the following guidelines. Be sure to also refer to your garage door and opener owner’s manual for specific instructions to the model you own. Always test the operation of your garage door and automatic opener to ensure they are working properly.
Garage Door Safety Guidelines
Safety and Security: Is Your Garage Door Up To Date? (01:07)
There’s a lot to think about when making a big purchase such as a new garage door in Bakersfield & Visalia. Mike Hanson shares the importance of the safety features that today’s garage doors have.
- Do not walk or stand under a moving door! Do not play “beat the door.” It is unsafe and can result in serious injury or death. Parents and adults should set a good example. Be sure you know how to use the emergency release, in case someone is pinned by the door.
- Do not let children play with or use the transmitters or remote controls. Always place and store them out of the reach of children.
- Never allow children (or anyone) to hang on, or “ride,” your garage door. At the lightest, garage doors weigh over 100 pounds and if a cable or spring breaks, the downward force could severely injure or even kill someone. Additionally, if a child is “riding” a door and lets go near the top, the child could be hurt due to the fall.
- Never leave an automobile or other personal items underneath an open garage door.
- Never remove, adjust, or loosen the screws on the bottom brackets of the door. These brackets are connected to the spring by the lift cable and are under extreme tension.
- Be sure that children know that garage door openers are not toys. Reckless operation and allowing children to play with or use garage door opener controls can lead to serious injury and even death. Discuss garage door safety with your children. Explain the danger of being trapped under the door.
- Be sure that the push-button wall control unit is out of reach of children (at least 5 feet from the floor) and away from all moving parts. Mount and use the button where you can clearly see the moving garage door. Be sure to take some time to inspect and test your complete garage door system. Make monthly inspection and testing a habit. Safety should be made a priority. Garage door and garage door opener safety should be routine in your home. Your owner’s manuals will recommend additional maintenance for your models of door and opener.
- When using the push-button or transmitter, keep the door in sight until it completely stops moving. Children should be taught to never play under or near an open garage door. Children should also know to keep their hands and fingers clear of section joints, hinges, tracks, and other door parts. Contact with a moving door or its hardware could cause serious injury. These injuries can also happen with garage doors that don’t have automatic openers.
Safety and Security Features of Bakersfield & Visalia Garage Doors (00:56)
Ensure that your garage door’s security, safety, and convenience is not jeopardized. Know all the newest security features Bakersfield & Visalia garage doors have to offer.